Prospective 诊所 Sponsors
Benefits of 诊所 Sponsorship
As a capstone of the curriculum, the 诊所 Program engages students in solving real-world, technical problems for corporate, government and non-profit clients. Unlike many academic partnerships, all intellectual property and work product resulting from the project belongs to the sponsors.
Every year, nearly all 诊所 sponsors report their projects are successful. 对于一些, that means cost savings or process improvements, for others it means filing a patent that may be commercialized. Sponsors also say 诊所:
- Helps energize engineering staff
- Offers a low-risk way to try a creative approach to a challenge
- Provides professional development for emerging leaders
- 春天: Contract signed
- 春天: Project Scope defined
- 9月: Launch Day (teams meet)
- 秋天: Project refined, progress on results
- 冬天: Mid-term reports
- 五月: 项目的一天
Sponsoring a 诊所
- All IP (intellectual property) resulting from the projects belongs to the sponsor.
- The sponsor liaison is asked to spend no more than two hours per week.
- Fees paid by the sponsor cover materials and two team trips to their site.
- Sponsors approve all public materials and presentations.
- Final written reports are sent to the sponsor upon completion of the project.
- We routinely sign non-disclosure agreements; our 荣誉准则-bound students understand the significance of these agreements.
- 诊所 projects run 9月–五月.
- 诊所 teams consist of 4–5 students.
- Each student commits 10 hours per week (1,200–1,500 hours total for each project team).
- 诊所 teams present project results on campus (within the bounds of the NDA).
- Teams present the final work to their sponsor onsite (when possible).
- A faculty advisor acts as a coach/mentor to the team.
The video below offers insight into the liaison experience from past sponsors.
For more information about sponsoring a project, email email@example.com.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your 诊所 project ideas.
- Patent disclosures filed by sponsors every year
- Nearly 100% of 诊所 sponsors each year call their projects “a success”
- 诊所 sponsorship supports recruiting HMC students. Learn more through the Office of Career Services.
诊所的视频, including a recap of 项目的一天 2018.
诊所 began in 1963, and was a revolution in engineering education. 访问 历史 of the 诊所 Program to learn more.
Niagara Bottling’s 2016 诊所 saved the company $1.300万年.